Monday, June 1, 2009

Harry

Yesterday was a very difficult day.

Where do I begin? When I came to Voyager, it was a very traumatic time. I had lost my ship; I was injured; I had lost my friends and Mirek, and I was now 200 years in the future.

Two people were so incredibly helpful to me those first few days: Neelix and Harry.

Neelix is/was immune to my pheromones, so he stayed with me all night in Sickbay that first, awful night. Tuvok and Vorik (also immune) stayed, as well, but Neelix was the one to comfort me, talk to me. Tuvok and Vorik guarded me physically while the Doctor worked to find a way to control the effect of my pheromones on the crew, but Neelix....well, Neelix was worried about my heart. *smiles* He talked to me, comforted me, and never left my side.

Neelix also...went with me to...see Mirek and the others after they had...passed on. He held my hand, hugged me and let me cry while I said my final goodbyes.

Then there's Harry. *smiles* Harry has been wonderful to me. He is so kind, gentle and thoughtful. I love him, very much.

*deep breath* But....I need some time. I need to take some time and deal with my losses. I need to find a way to handle my emotions - including my anger. I need to grieve.

But...not only that. I need to find my place on Voyager. To see where I truly fit in.

So I have asked Harry if we can just be friends for now.

I hope that Harry and I can date again...later. Time will tell.

Shara out.

No comments:

Post a Comment