Monday, October 5, 2009

Medical Conference - The Aftermath

Personal Log

Jared and I have returned from the medical conference on Symmtach.

Jared was right - there was trouble, but not from where we thought there was going to be trouble. Jared had thought that Dr. Ishom was a threat, that we were maybe walking into a trap. But that was not the case at all. The medical conference came under attack - people interested in stealing the new medical device and also medical supplies. Hostages were taken, and 20 of the doctors were killed.

It scares me to think that if it were not for Jared's instincts - if he had not made us leave right before those men took over the conference - we could be dead right now.

We have a guest aboard the liberty - Dr. Ishom, the leader of the medical conference. He happened to follow us out of the room he saw us leaving - a move that very well may have saved his life.

Dr. Ishom will be staying on board liberty until it is safe for him to return to the medical facility. If he chooses to go somewhere other than the medical facility, I'm sure that we can take him wherever he wants to go.

Another thing happened while we were at the conference - I saved Jared's life. Again. *soft chuckle* After all those times of him being afraid to take me with him on away missions, I end up saving him.

I don't think that he will be insisting I stay on the ship anymore. He says that he wants me as his away team partner from now on.

I like the way that sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment